Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes red, itchy scaly patches, most commonly on the knees, elbows, trunk and scalp.
Psoriasis is a common, long-term (chronic) disease with no cure. It tends to go through cycles, flaring for a few weeks or months, then subsiding for a while or going into remission. Treatments are available to help you manage symptoms. And you can incorporate lifestyle habits and coping strategies to help you live better with psoriasis.
Psoriasis types are typically identified by their hallmark appearances.
- Red or pink patches of skin covered with thick, silvery scales.
- Small scaling spots (commonly seen in children)
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed or itch.
- Itching, burning or soreness.
Things to avoid:
- Over exposure to the sun can trigger a flare up.
- Limit time spent in pools, hot tubs, or the ocean and rinse off with tap water, then moisturise.
- Cold temperatures and dry air
- Contact with artificial chemicals, dies and perfumes.
- Long hot showers or baths - take short lukewarm showers.
Our Healing Balm is ideal for cracked heels.
Condition of a customer's Psoriasis before using Zero BS Healing Balm .
Within 4 weeks there is a marked improvement in the customer's skin and the psoriasis is no longer as inflamed.
The psoriasis has shrunk by about 80%. The skin is less inflamed, and not as itchy any more (less scratching). Overall improvment in skin condition.